Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday Sew Christmas Party

Today, Thursday, our Thursdays Sew group celebrated Christmas, by having a little party.  The sad part was not everyone was able to attend.  Nine of us brought in dishes to pass. We could not wait to lunch time, so by 11:00 we were eating.  Even though there were only nine of us, we managed to cover all food groups!  We had appetizers, salads, main course, and desserts. Quilters are definitely great cooks, well all by me. (I brought Subway sandwiches.)

We also had a gift exchange.  Everyone that came brought a gift that would cost about $15.00, and had to be made by you, and be something you, yourself would like to receive.  We each drew a number and got to pick a gift, as long as it was not your own. Worked out fine.  We then opened them in the same over, one at a time.  It gave each of us a chance to admire the handwork, and of course take pictures.

First is Jan holding the gift Karen made for her.  It is a wall or door hanger with two pockets stitched in the front to hold winter decorations. So cute!

Cheryl, received this great snowman wall hanging made by Danette. ( I am so sorry for the blurry picture.) It was Danette's first time doing machine quilting.  I think she did a great job.

Jinnie, receive an adorable pillowcase and fleece scarf with kitty's on it made by Jan.  Jinnie was thrilled. Jan comes up with some of the neatest fabric to make her pillowcases.  (Jinnie is a kitty person.)

Marilyn received this wonderful winter table topper made by Kaye.  Love the stripped binding.

Jo received the great binder made by Jinnie.  Jo just happens to be a note taker.  Jinnie also included a fob for her scissors. Jo was delighted.

Danette received the door hanger and pincushion I made.  She is going to use the hanger as a wall hanging, as she was afraid it might get caught in a door.  Danette also said she did not have an official pincushion!  I am so glad she liked what I made.

Karen, received this wonderful wall hanging made by Marilyn. I hear it is a Patrick Lose design.  It is so cute. Marilyn added some darling Christmas buttons to the tree.

Kay received a framed applique piece made by Jo.  It is wonderful.  Jo is noted for her hand applique.  It is a lovely piece. I think Kay was so please to received this. (Again, sorry for the poor picture quality.)

Last but not least, I received this darling Christmas table topper made by Cheryl.  She did a great job of piecing and machine quilting it. It is going to look great on my table.

My presents, the table topper from Cheryl, Kay made a pot holder with a towel tucked in it., Karen made hexagon wreath ornaments with beads attached, Jinnie made the purple and turquoise stiletto to help my sewing, and Danette gifted  me with Lindt chocolates.

We had such a wonderful day. It is always fun to share with each other.  We enjoy each others company so much on Thursday's.

Merry Christmas to all my quilting friends and their families.

Mary

6 comments:

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Good Morning Mary what a lovely display of the pictures you took of our party, I had a wonderful time and all that food was sooooo good,thank you again for sarring you photo Great joy Merry Christmas to you and your family jinnie

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Hi Mary! Thank you for the beautiful gifts! The Christmas tree haning is on the wall, the ornament is on the Tre and I love the colorful pin cushion (I won't need to use my jeans to hold my needles and pins!) Thank you so much and have a Merry Christmas

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Merry Christmas Mary and it looks like all of your had a wonderful time! The table topper you received is beautiful!

Elyte said...

Bad luck for the girls who couldn't attend. Looks like a very enjoyable day. Lovely gifts.

Johanna Zweden said...

This was a nice Christmas party!

Have a nice Christmas

Love Johanna

Vanuit Zweden, wensen wij jou en je familie hele fijne kerstdagen toe, en een heel gelukkig 2013 met veel liefde geluk, en vooral gezondheid, en veel handwerkplezier, volgend jaar dat we samen mogen delen
Liefs Joke en Angus

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Thanks for the idea of the exchange and party. It was fun! Hope you enjoy the table mat.